For about a week or so now our baby girl (and I use that term lightly) has been refusing to sleep in her crib. It started out her waking in the middle of the nights, I would go in, rock her back to sleep and that was that. Then she didn't want in the crib after I rocked her....and she has always hated sleeping in our bed with us....so I laid in her tent on her floor and off to sleep she would go.
Eventually (this week) that turned into not wanting to be rocked, at all. Just walks straight into her room and lays in the tent (there is a feather bed and tons of blankets and animals in it). I laid with her until she went to sleep and then she would get put in her crib. Until she would wake up in the middle of the night and I would have to sleep on the floor with her, again.
I talked to a few people about this. I thought, it's just a phase, we'll get through it. i was talking to her teachers at daycare yesterday and they were all like "you know, this could be a sign she is ready for a toddler bed"
huh?
what the what? She's only....oh...yeah...she is gonna be 2....uh.
So last night, we did it. We left her on the floor, in her tent and she slept all night long. Until 7:15 this morning. I showered, J showered, Brutus went in there...she was out. Nice and comfy in her little tent on the floor.
So. That leaves us with bed hunting on our hands, and lots of peoples opinions and advice.
We have talked about it. we have talked about all the pros, the cons....the things that could happen. We are ready. She is ready. We feel we are making an informed decision.
so enough with all that garble...I started bed hunting.
My idea?
Keeping the same curtains, same paint colors...same furniture. Same everything basically just getting rid of the crib and putting a "car car" bed in! with no bedding!
And we are oh so very excited about this!!!!!
Our plan of attack is to set it all up when she is out of the house so when she comes home she'll find it and go NUTS!
She loves cars. She loves my cousins' son's Lightening McQueen bed.
So instead of fighting the fact she is becoming quite a big girl??? I'm going to embrace it. I'm going to cherish it. and I'm going to have FUN redecorating!!!!!!!!!!
And if she hates the bed and still sleeps on the floor? We are ok with that too! As long as we are all sleeping enough to function, that's all that really matters in the end.
Cheers to big girls doing big girl things!


Wow a toddler bed! That is awesome!
ReplyDelete