Another nanny bites the dust....

And this time, it totally was NOT my fault! I didn't fire her, she put in her two weeks.

So? Onto daycare we go.

Jade will finish out this week and be done next Friday on October 7th (she gave us more of a notice than that, but it works better for us to end on 10/7). Lyla's first week of daycare will start 10/10. I just so happen to have off work that day {thank you very much Mr. Columbus}so she will go half day Monday - Friday (10th-14th) And the following week she'll start full time.

Today on my lunch break, I am going to pick up her enrollment papers.

Lyla is officially starting school! This is a very exciting time. She is really going to grow and learn so much. She is going to have fun. Make friends. Be TIRED. Play! and be the happiest baby EVER! This is definitely the best thing for her.

I'm sounding pretty damn positive for a mom who is about to send her kid off to daycare for the first time in a week and a half huh? Well that's because I did my mourning. I cried. I drank wine. I cried some more. I talked to anybody who would listen to me that night. And I even talked to those who weren't listening, and I knew they weren't listening...but I didn't care, I kept talking. I drank more wine. And then I cried more. It seemed the more I drank the more I cried. But? Wednesday morning I woke up {puffy eyed and all} brushed myself off, smiled and went and got my baby out of the crib and moved on with our day, smile and all.

I'm not an idiot {contrary to popular belief} I KNOW this is going to be hard. I also know I don't know how hard this is going to be. But what the hell is the point in being sad about this? It's going to happen whether I want it to or not. So I'm going to embrace all the positive and ignore all the negative. I'm going to drop Lyla off that first day with a smile on my face and make my daughter feel as comfortable as possible. I will give her a kiss, say "buh buh" blow her a "muah" and walk out with my head high....

crawl dramatically on all four to my car while bawling my eyes out and sobbing so hard I gasp to catch each breath. sit there and wait for the entire three hours and fifty nine minutes only to run like I have never ran before back into that daycare and grab her and hug her and kiss her and go buy her toys

go shopping for a bit. Then go back and pick her up. And all will be fine while I am gone.

That is my plan. And I'm sticking to it.

What?

No comments:

Post a Comment