Toddlerhood is fun!

This weekend. It was a good good weekend. I got to spend a lot of time with GOOD friends, Great food and even better kiddos.
Friday we went to celebrate a very good friends new job! Lyla did well, but got antsy at the end. It's too hard to manage a one year old at a dinner and take pictures, so? I have none. But she did sport her glasses almost the entire time! She loves them.

Saturday morning we got up and tackled some chores, the biggest being the grocery store. I am a super planner and may even be up for the mother of the year award. My timing? it was impecable. I fed her breakfast, changed her diaper and out the door we went. I arrived home just in time for her nap and while she napped I unloaded the groceries and got them all put away. L was up. I showered and off we went to The Whitaker Center KidsPlace. Sure, it was tough getting there. Parking. Whiney 1 year old who was all nice and rested and ready to roll (not be stuck in a car) but it was totally worth it once we finally got there. Lyla wore herself out!







I couldn't take nearly as many photos as I would have loved to because, well, lets face it. Controlling a one year old on your own, in a place like this is nearly IMPOSSIBLE. But I snapped when I could. And this place? We will definately go back to! Without a doubt.

Saturday night I put Lyla to bed and enjoyed a fire with the hubby along with some football and beer. OSU isn't look too hot this year so it was a rather quiet game in our house.

Sunday we went to breakfast together and then to Kohls for some much needed winter PJ's for Lyla, a fleece jacket and socks. No shoes in her size, and we definately need them. J says she "mushroom tops" out of the top of her shoes right now. He's right. I guess. Her size is just so hard to find. But this mama is now on a mission to find them. I must! She needs some boots to go with all the leggings that are in style this year. right? RIGHT!

When we got back home L went to bed. J washed and waxed cars. I got some laundry done and some other things off my chore list. Then, L was back up before I knew it. And She isn't just "up" now. No n o no. When L is up...mama is on the run. No need for weight watchers, jenny craig, the shake it weight...no no no....I just run. Non stop. All over the place after her. We must go go go to keep this girl entertained and happy.

Later in the day L and I went to visit a friend and then over to my cousins for dinner. Where Lyla continued to play her little heart out (and eat her little heart out).

Home. To Bed. And now back at work.

Is it Friday yet????

Somethings you are doing now?

yelling at me: "ma ma ma"
pointing at pictures and telling them they are me "ma ma ma"
yelling at me: "ma ma ma"
Pointing to what you want - THANK GOD!
handing me things you don't want - this gets rather interesting.
kissing.
more kissing.
waving.
kissing.
and when you don't feel like kissing? we all get a hand to the mouth and a big loud muah! You love blowing kisses and when anybody (even nonhumans) are "going bye bye" they get kisses.
crawling. Speed crawling actually. if there was an event in the Olympics I know for a fact you would win.
more crawling.
Playing.
talking. Up. A. Storm. - you may not look like me, but you certainly got my babble mouth. God bless your little soul.

I could go on and on and on. Everyday its something new. Something interesting. And you crack me up or drive me mad.

Every night I read you books. One of my favorites ends with "I love all that you will be and everything you are" and every.single. night I read that to you I tear up. I couldn't come up with more perfect words than those. I will always love you. No matter what.

Everyday you take my breath away (mostly from laughter) I can't imagine loving you anymore than I do today, but tomorrow I know I'll wake up and look at you and then it happens. I'll love you even more.

Of course. Who wouldn't love this little face!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a great weekend. That kids place looks awesome, if it's not too far away we may have to check it out. We have the exact same problem with the mushroom top feet and so we got larger shoes, but they are a little too big. OH well...what are you going to do. We had to get some new PJs too, we are off this week for socks. I'm thinking gripper socks, so she isn't sliding all over the place. And I am right there with you on the go, go, go...it's crazy....bit oh so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete