I have been a slacker ... but I have a good excuse! July 17th I got sent to labor and delivery for belly pain. I was sitting at work, minding my own business just had gotten back from a luncheon for my boss' 50th birthday. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable and thought "Uh Oh..damn pizza I gotta go to the bathroom" I went to stand up and the pain was so intense it knocked me right back down into my chair. I grabbed my co worker and told her what was going on and told her to keep her cell on her that I was going to the bathroom adn would call if the pain got worse. I did NOT have to go to the bathroom while in there the pain got worse and was now radiating to my back. I got up and got back to my desk....called my own personal web MD (my bff cousin Nicole) and she told me I had better call the doctor ASAP. I called the doc they sent me directly to labor and delivery. My mom picked me up from work and took me, the pain was so bad I couldn't drive myself. God bless her soul for trying her best to be a good driver while under that amount of pressure.....but HOLY BREAKS!!!!!!! By the time we got there ( about a 5 minute drive) the pain was even worse and now in my butt cheek....no way was this labor....who has contractions in there butt?????!!!!!! THIS GIRL DOES. THey hooked me up to a machine and told me that those were indeed contractions and Dr Hank would be in shortly.
Dr. Hank gave me a shot to stop the contractions, they wanted her to bake in there a little longer. However, the shot didn't work. He sent me home with an Ambien and still have contractions (they had at least slowed down) after a long drunken ride home for my mom and a stop at Wendy's where I'm sure I embarassed her only a little I arrived home, doped up on Ambien (eh hem...best buzz I had in the last 9 months). J finally got home from work and after I entertained him adn my mom for a bit we went to bed and my mom left. I was up two hours later with terrible contractions and in pain. I called the office first thign and got an appointment. J (the super wonderful hubby he is) drove me to the dr and in we went. He was AWESOME adn AMAZING and there are just no words to describe how great he was that day. We got to see Lyla loo loo in all her glory on an ultrasound, she had a leg up and around her head!!!! She's got that ballerina in her already :) It wasn't the cyst that was causing the pain and baby girl was fine. So they tried to send me home with just Tylenol with Codein (which I thought for sure I would shoot myself if they didn't work) but Dr. Bev noticed I couldn't even stand up straight so she wanted to hook me up to the fetal monitor again and see if I was having contractions and if I was dilated. Yepppers...contractions again 3-5 minutes apart and 1cm dilated. They admitted me to the hospital and shot me up with morphine! ahhhh...sleeeeeep. If that didn't work to stop my labor we were heading in for the c-section....early. I woke up at some point adn the contractions had stopped and I felt wonderful!!!! BUT - they kept me in there until SUNDAY! UGH! It was not fun...but in the end baby girl was wonderful and healthy and she is still in there baking.
I have a dr. appointment in 15 minutes so I'll update my status when I get back.
This picture was taken at Donna and Jason's baby shower on Saturday.
YES! So close I can almost taste it.....meeting her and drinking a beer! ha ha

No comments:
Post a Comment