After all the preparation, anticipation, excitement and fear. You were finally here. A miracle right here in my arms. So tiny. So dependent on me. I was responsible for every little detail about you and I was so overwhelmed. I was so happy. I was so nervous. And I was so ecstatic to learn everything.
Well through MANY MANY MANY sleepless nights. Gas pains. Constipation. Eating. Teething. Vaccinations. Colds. Crying. Screaming. Separation anxiety. Eczema. Nannies. And every other battle we shared for the last 365 days. I got everything I had anticipated and more. I sit here and look back on it all and wonder how in the hell we survived. How did we make it? We learned everything we ever could about you. That you
I remember my mom always telling my brother and I that no matter what we will always be her babies. It used to infuriate me. I was NOT a baby. I was a teenager for crying out loud. I knew everything. Well mom {I know you read this} I now know what you feel like. She still doesn't look much different to me than the day she was born. I still consider her my little baby. I still feel like she needs me for everything and it's a constant battle to let her wander around without me, cause well....she needs me. right? Well Lyla. You will always be my baby. and mom {Nona} I will always be your baby.
Words will never be able to describe my love for you Lyla. To want it all for you, yet to want nothing at all. To love you no matter what. To fear everything for you yet to want you to not have a fear in the world
As much as I have learned from you in the last year, I know you have learned from us. I could go on and on about how special you are. About how much I adore you. And about how you are pretty much the coolest thing in the world in your dada and my eyes. But there isn't enough room in all of this interweb thinger. So just know. We love you. More than life its self.
Happy first birthday my little baby girl.
Happy Birthday Lyla!!!
ReplyDelete