Saturday 7/16/11 J and I went to see the Indains vs. Orioles at Camden Yards. It was awesome! We "tailgated" at Mr Pickles and the Bull Pen. Then headed to the game. The Orioles (J is Indians fan) won but it was a great game to watch and I realized that my love of baseball has returned, but only in real life, I can NOT watch it on TV.
I do side jobs for a company called DS Wood bats. They make wooden bats for major league baseball, furing this game a player was batting with one of their bats and? HIT A HOMERUN!!!! Which I thought was totally cool, seeing as how the logo I designed was on that bat! Yes. I'm bragging...so what?! I mean what are the chances.
89. Take a family vacation - planned for August 2011
Planned. Executed. And for the last two days have wrote about it. I think we have all had enough of that.
84. Sleep soundly again
13 months 2 weeks and 3 days after giving birth to Lyla I can honestly sit here and
21. Start my own family tradition
This. This has been started years ago and when typing this on my life list I didn't even realize it. I guess that is the way most traditions form though, without anybody even realizing it.
For about 5 years now J and I have ordered ourselves some sort of apparel from Buckeyecorner about a week or two(if we are super prepared) before the first game day. We look through the magazine. We look on the internet site. Last year Lyla received a ton of buckeye gear, but sadly the infant section isn't exactly huge! This year? We get to buy her something fun! Like this!
and this
and of course the only binkis she will take are the buckeye binkis, so we may have to stock up on those.
And for mama? I'm torn.
I really only need one, since I have quite the collection going from all these years.
Football is a HUGE deal in our house. On top of this "tradition" we have of ordering shirts for our family (yes, including the dog) my husband has tons of others that go with this.
On game day he usually wakes up, throws open the curtain and says (in a manly strong voice) "today...is a GLORIOUS day" then proceeds to march down the steps to his
So THIS is our family tradition. It's small, nothing extravagent. But it means the world to me (and I'm sure the J as well) becasue it is ours. So with football season upon us (yes. next weekend.) we will order our shirts, I will start checking on sale prices for pork butts and I will drag out all my buckeye serving platters to enjoy the nice family tradition that my wonderful husband has created for our little family.
GO BUCKS!
{last year}





Check out TJ Maxx for fun & affordable Buckeye gear. We got both our girls a cheerleader uniform, me a zip up hoodie & t shirt, and hubs a hoodie for 70 bucks. O-H!!
ReplyDelete