18 months

On Saturday you turned 18 month old. That's a year and a half! My, how time just flies.
Let's see, what have you been up to recently?

Well we have been fighting with impetigo. Just got back from the doctor and found out the first time it never went away and now it is back. Lovely. Another antiobitic and this one should work. You would never know anything was wrong with you though. You run around acting like a nut per usual.



I have no idea why, but you absolutely hate when I change you in the morning. I'm taking flinging your body all around, locking out your joints so I can't bend your arms. It is ridiculous and I can not wait for you to grow out of this phase. Thank God your dada's schedule has him home in the mornings because, well, for some reason you don't give him one bit of problems when he changes you. He? Is God's gift right here on earth in your eyes baby girl! Which I am totally fine with, I find him pretty cool myself.



Eating has become hit or miss with you. Sometimes you eat like you haven't been fed in days, other times you just plain and simple don't want to. I'm fine with this too. I'll never ever ever force you to eat. I also won't ever chase you around bribing you to eat. So sit at the table and eat with me/us or dont' eat...that my little baby girl is a choice you are permitted to make. And you can eat whenever you want!



You talk alot. Daycare commented that you are particularly good at your animal sounds. You are also very good at yelling at Brutus. Saying No No No and Yes. Nodding with both. Your vocabulary is probably somewhere in the 25 to 30 word range and you are starting to put two words together.



Lyla: Bo Bo peaz.
Translation: I would like my binky please.

Communicating makes things a whole lot easier on me and daddy.

Lyla: Gup Gup Dub eeez
Translation: I want to watch Bubble Guppies. (no please on this one)

Translating - a bit difficult, but once we get it we all celebrate.

You? jump. and about kill me from laughter everytime.


You spin in circles and make your self so dizzy you fall over - I find this hysterical too. You sleep through the night 98% of the time. You wake between 5:30 and 6:30 depending what time you go to bed which ranges from 7 p.m. (hate this time) and 9 p.m. (love this time).



We can only bath you once a week because of our endless war with eczema. It seems to be improving a ton! (minus the impetigo)


Favorite Food: Blueberries. When youw atn them you go, find your book with blueberries in it, bring it to me, open to that page and put your mouth to the blueberries. I personally think it would be easier to just say blueberries please (you do know the word) but you insist on doing things Lyla's way...so whatever...that's fine.

Favorite Drink: Milk. You still won't drink juice. It's only milk or water.

Favorite Snack: GOLD FISH. You eat so many you are goign to turn into one.

Tantrums: Terrible. Absolutely Terrible.

Favorite Toy: Car Cars or baby doll with stroller or your magna doodle.

Favorite Word: Mama and Dada


I just can't believe I have a 1.5 year old who does all this cool stuff who is her own little person. it amazes me almost every single day. I hope I never forget your bouncing walk of excitement. You follwoing your dada around just like a little duckling. Your trip to the farm show last weekend and running up and down the rooster aisle yelling and screaming with excitement. The way you look so peaceful, innocent and angelic when you sleep. The way you hug me and kiss me. The way you cuddle. The way you light up when you see me or dada.

I love you Lyla Ann.















1 comment:

  1. YAY happy 18 monthday, Lyla! What a big girl! Maggie does the same thing with jumping, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete