Y3W: Just one word, 3 times. Busy Busy Busy.

I guess that is what life with a toddler is meant to be like. Or being the totally awesome social person I am anyway......

Last Friday I skipped work, took the babes to daycare and headed to the spa with my mama dearest. It? Was wonderfully glorious and we had a blast. Then she ditched me and I had lunch with....MYSELF. and a glass of wine and my most favorite food...ever...crazy bread! Delicious. I picked up the baby girl and the nice freshly groomed doggie and headed home, to find my HUSBAND home from work early! Yah! Which meant, I had in home sitter for the night! After a little 1 on 1 time with the toddler I primped and headed out.

I picked up my friend and we went to see her husband play at a local winery. 2 of my most favorite things. Live acoustic music and wine. Lovely evening.

The next day we cleaned and hung out with the baby. Family Fun time is what we like to call it. Then we dropped the baby off at Nona's house and we headed out for the night. It was a friend's 30th birthday about an hour away. It was a good time, but too far from home so we headed closer. And what else would me and my husband do when we have a sitter for the night than head to our favorite bar? duh. Where this mama here? thought she was 21 again and drank and partied like it. The next morning? Lord almighty! I won't be doing that again for a ... well hopefully for a lifetime.

We met Nona for breakfast and picked up the baby. Spent the rest of the day trying to play with her and trying to pretend like her saint of a mother did NOT drink too much the night before. We had .. hmmm...how can I say it? Hungover family fun time!  Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Me and J played with her like always and she knew nothing of the night before!

Monday I had the day off so I spent it catching up on things I hadn't gotten done over the weekend because I was partying it up! and you guessed it! More playing with the baby girl!

Back to work Tuesday.

Lyla decided sleeping through the night Tuesday night was for losers, so she didn't. and she was up early. and she was miserable. But those days come and go and we carry on as best we can.

I just keep chanting to myself "Positive thinking. Positive thinking"

We have more teeth coming through (I swear they never end...EVER) so she chewed through all her binkies. J being the paranoid awesome father he is ordered her new ones because, well, the others weren't safety first certified. So he we threw all the old away. Lyla knew the new ones weren't right. She spent most of the night Wednesday throwing them on the floor and screaming NO NO NO! My hopes were high that that would just be the end of the binky....forever. Not so much. She broke down and took a new one to bed with her!

Last night she was zonked out by 7:30 and slept until about 6:50 this morning.

We were having some issues with drop off at daycare. After a talk with the assistant director, a bit of rearranging and 2 days she is back to tear free drop offs. Today? I told her "mama has to go to work now, like dada" she leaned over. gave me a kiss. said bye bye and followed me to the gate, helped me close the gate and stood at the gate waving bye bye to me. insert melting heart here. That's my big girl.

Good days. Bad days. They are my days. My days of being a mother. My days of melting hearts and screaming out of lack of patience. Toddlers are HARD. Toddlers are really really hard. Newborn phase, to me, was just easier. She cried? I had a few options....change her, feed her, rock her. Toddler? I have no clue what the hell I am doing 99.5% of the time. I think she knows this. I feel like I'm starring in the DaVinci code every day of my life trying to figure out what the hell she is saying or wanting or doing....where she learned it from? is it normal? and so on and so on and so on. And then....then there is just that one thing that she will do that makes it all worth it. The kisses. The hugs right in the middle of her playing...she just runs over and hugs me and goes back to what she is doing. The times she only wants mama. me and only me. It is those times that I think to myself - I am doing it. I am raising a child. And I'm doing it right. Then she throws something at me while kicking me in the shin and screaming NO at the top of her lungs. I snap out of that thought and come back down to earth. But still. it's worth it....at least to me.

Some things Miss L is doing:

talking. talking a ton.

New funny words:
Brutus sounds like bullshit.
BoBo is binky.
gubble buppies is Bubble Guppies her favorite TV show and perhaps the theme to her beach birthday party this year.

Nona cause I think my mom spent all of Saturday night and Sunday morning brain washing her, she may or may not have had her voice repeating nona playing on a cd player next to Lyla all.night.long. I kid. I kid. Kind of...it wouldn't surprise me.

Banana - ok...it sounds more like nanna

and I would say about 50% of whatever I say she says. It's pretty cool, most of the time, unless someone cuts me off while driving...eeeks.

Animal noises:
monkey
duck
birdy
owl (she is obsessed with owls)
Brutus
cow
rooster
chicken

note to self: get your camera back out. This post is boring as all get out without pictures of the cutest little thing I ever did see.


1 comment:

  1. Yepper buddy...right there with you! I don't know about the newborn part being easier per se, but this toddler part is pretty tough. It's like they kind of know what they want to communicate, but they can't and everyone ends up frustrated. I think we have more teeth coming in too, sleep has not been uninterrupted for the past two weeks...fun times!
    Go you...having a wild time. It has been far too long since this mama has had a crazy night out. I know you pay for it in the morning, but it's so fun in the moment!
    Way to go Lyla with all the new words. Yea we have a little mimic over here too, and she echoes everything...gotta watch the potty mouth! LOL
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete