20 Weeks (4 days late)

Pregnancy: 20 Weeks 4 Days
Weight Gain: 167.8
Sleep: Not getting any.
Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name: Nolan William
Feeling: Feeling good. Bouts of nausea are here and I have no idea why. Total meat aversion going on right now too. But overall, nothing I can't handle.

Cravings: A glass of white wine!

Health: All is well for now!

Movement: OH yeah. Last week you kicked Lyla in the back when she was laying on me. Lyla's new favorite thing to do? lay on my belly and wait for you to kick...it's kind of awesome for her but I kind of feel bad for you....Brutus likes to do the same thing. When your daddy comes to feel, you stop moving. always. sigh.

Belly: yep. I got one.

This weekend: Lets see. Last Wednesday we found out you are a BOY! shocking. yes...very shocking. Thursday was spent packing. Friday we traveled out to Youngstown to go to a wedding Saturday in Cleveland and Sunday we drove home. Back to work today. Now you see why I missed your 20 weekend entry. 

Next appointment: Ultrasounds on 7/9 and 7/23. Next ndlovu appointment on 7/23.

No belly pic this week. Sorry.

Finding out......

As I wrote, Wednesday we went for your ultrasound. Everything measured great. They estimate you at about 16 ounces, which is one pound. After measuring everythign they needed to (you know, the unimportant stuff) they put your bits up on the screen.

Nurse to me: "ok...take a guess"
Me: "well that looks NOTHING like Lyla's did. so I'm saying boy? boy. BOY! boy?
Nurse to me and daddy: "this is one leg here and this is the other"
Me to daddy: "well...what do YOU think"
Daddy: "that definately doesn't look like Lyla's .... so boy? boy. boy? boy?
Nurse: "here's his penis"

Both me and daddy: "OH MY GOD..IT'S a BOY???!!!! A BOY!!!!! A BOY???? ahhhh a boy.

Daddy's face? nothing like it was with Lyla. Just a big old HUGE fat grin from ear to ear. He didn't even smile that big on our wedding day. a boy.

Me? Shock. Relief. Shock. Tears. thoughts of you running, climbing, of  a little mamas boy. of hospital trips and baseball games. of my little sweet precious baby boy.

Still almost a week later it hasn't sunk in. I thought you were a boy for a few weeks. I did. then I changed. I don't know why this is taking so long to settle in. But  I'm getting used to it. I always wanted a little boy. A mamas boy. Lyla's already drifting to daddy more and more every day. I get her when shes tired, sick or hungry....but a boy? They say they always come running to mommy!

Lyla? it's a boy. I'm gonna have a brother. does anybody have any goldfish? lets leave.

I can't wait to meet you little man. none of us can. see you in 19 weeks!

We told Nona and pap and grandma and grandpa with Lyla handing them blue flowers with a balloon that says its a boy. Of course Nona and grandma screamed and hooted and hollared. I am thinking all men have the same reaction to "It's a boy" a big huge goofy grin and a congrats mom and dad.

Until week 21...

Love ya little man Nolan!

No comments:

Post a Comment