Lyla turns 3

Well "baby" girl. You turned 3. 3 years old. Sometimes 3 going on 13.

This year held many many many BIG milestones. You potty trained, soooo easily. Just like that. BOOM. You were going potty. You held your poop for days on end, until you made yourself sick. But we over came that. You tried gymnastics and swimming. You grew. Alot. Your vocabulary is full blown. Complete sentences, full conversations and the imagination and creativity to go with it all. You've made friends.

You, have melted my heart, made me pop new grey hairs, made me laugh till it hurt and made me cry tears of worry, stress and happiness.

You, Lyla. Are truly an amazing, strong willed, big hearted emotional little lady.


What are you up to?
This year you moved to the 2 year old room at daycare. You have grown leaps and bounds. You have become extremely strong willed. You laugh just as hard as you cry and both could happen within seconds of eachother. You LOVE to sing and dance. You know all sorts of songs like ABC's, twinkle twinkle, itsy bitsy spider and every song on the cds we listen to in the car ("my songs"). You even know the pledge of allegiance. You are one smart cookie.


You tell me all about your day most days, mostly true, some made up.

You do NOT sleep. Ok. well you kind of sleep. You go to bed around 8 or 8:30 and you wake around 1-3 in the morning to come get me and make me go back to bed with you. if I get back up so do you. You, apparently, need me to sleep....I don't mind, much, most days, except well...now I"m pregnant and it's getting harder. I know what I have to do, waht I need to do, but I just love that you need me still so much, you barely need me for anything else, so that's my time. hopefully next year I'm typing this and we have come to some sort of arrangement....or I will be a walking zombie between you and your newborn brother Nolan. you still nap 2-3 hours in the afternoon.

Eating is good in comparison to others I know your age. You try most things, when you are in a good mood.

New funny words/phrases:
pretty much everything you say cracks me up, even when it's not supposed to (I really need to work on my mommy serious face)

I love when you say "watch you lookin at?"
I love when you call me your best friend, but most of all I love when you tell me you love me to the moon and back.


Favorite Food:
Tanilla icecream (vanilla)
Flower Yogurt (vanilla yogurt)
fruit snacks (dora, princess or kitty)
You don't know it but your favorite meat is pork. Ham, pork chops, bacon, sausage, if it's pork, you love it. Last weekend you had ribs.


Favorite Drink:
Stillll milk. We have to bribe you to drink juice and water, pft, you only drink that at school.


Favorite Snack:
M&Ms


Behavior:
You are STRONG. Strong willed, strong minded, strong emotions. You like things your way and that's that. It's rare you go a day without crying. In fact, we would probably think SOMETHING was wrong. I tell myself and I know that one day this is goign to be an AWESOME quality to have....just right now its slightly stressful. We wouldn't trade you for the world though...and if there is one positive that comes of it? you teach me patience...that is for sure.


Favorite Toy:
Disney princess, anything. ANY THING! Dress up, baby dolls. We got you a vanity for your birthday - a mini salon - you play with that every.single.day. You love clothes. Dresses that are "long" enough for you. You refuse to wear pants, shorts and most skirts.

You are very excited for your littel brother Nolan to come. You kiss my belly daily and tell him that you love him. I'm sure this won't last once he is here, so I'm enjoying it now while I can. However, because of your stubborn awesome motherly personality we all think you are going to be an amazing big sister and a huge help to me. You usually are. Because you like things your way, you like to do most things on your own.....dressing yourself, picking out your own shoes, getting things for me, helping with the dishes etc. You are really going to be great at big sisterness...even if you don't always enjoy it!


So here is to another year, full of changes, growing, learning, testing and loving. and this year, we are adding a little brother to the mix!

Love you lima bean.


3 in 3

 
 
 
 


Love you Lima Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment