because I'm a worked up, over reacting, sleep deprived, new mom

I called the pediatrician today. Why you may ask? hmmm...well Lyla and I slept for a total of about 2 hours last night (not consecutive either) I'm 99% sure she is teething. Yes, maybe a bit early but some teeth can start causing symptoms as early as a month before they come through! So...back to why I had to call the pediatrician about this. Well I made the executive decision to give her children's Tylenol before I left for work this morning. She was screaming out in pain all.night.long. When she woke up after a quick nap this morning she was still screaming out in pain. So the nanny and I found a bump on her bottom right front gum so out with the Tylenol. Lyla is still sleeping, I went into panic mode and thought I drugged my baby girl so I called the pediatrician in a frenzy. "Darowish Assoc. this is Melissa how can I help you " "umm..yes does tylenol cause drowsiness or does the relief from the pain cause drowsiness" and about 15 minutes later I was done with my explination. I bet if they have caller id they flip a coin to see who is going to take my call! She took all the infomation and said I would get a call back. In the mean time here I sat at work in a panic mode that I had put my baby into a medicine induced coma and have scarred her mental development for all eternity. Wondering how bad I screwed up, what the effects are going to be long term...and oh my god what will I tell Jonathan!

The phone rings, it's Mellissa again, "Yes the doctor said it is the relief from the pain of teething or growing that is making her sleep, not the Tylenol, any other questions" me: "oh...no...thanks, ummm...wait...how often can I give her the Tylenol" "every 4 hours mam...have a nice day"

So....this is what happens when you are a worked up, over reacting, sleep deprived, new mom with a bayb who is growing or teething.

I'm not sure my heart can handle much more of this stress!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment