I wanted to put Lyla's handprints on a pumpkin - on HER pumpkin. So I did the research, went and bought the non toxic safest paint for a baby and we set up in the garage.
She EATS her hands 24/7 so needless to say she wasn't exactly thrilled about me holding on to her one hand for dear life so she wouldn't eat it while I painted BLACK paint all over it. Then I forced her hand to a big orange rough thing (a pumpkin to us adults) and tried to press. Only problem....she felt something gooey and fun in her hand (the paint) so she wanted to have her fist clentched the entire time so I barely got a handprint, however, I did get a lot of smears! I laughed hysterically until I realized that the BLACK paint wasn't wiping off of her hand! Not with paper towels, not with wipes so I went into complete panic mode that her hand would be stained for life. I hauled butt up to the tub and put her in. The paint came right off and all was well in the Dulovich house again :)
Operation Paint the Pumpkin
Phase 1: Goofy pumpkin hat on and ready for action

Phase 2: Paint the hand

Phase 3: Put the painted hand on the pumpkin

Phase 4: OH SNAP! Her hand is stained black!
No comments:
Post a Comment