REALLY? 3 months ago today we got to meet our baby girl for the very first time. Man, they aren't lying when they say the time FLIES!
This morning she was sitting in her bumbo watching some TV (GASP) yes I let her watch TV! And not cartoons - the TV I watch! HA HA!
Things are getting easier and things are getting more difficult. Our sweet baby has a cold right now so our days are filled with boogers, snot, sneezes and coughs. I wish I could have the cold for her and fight it off with my bad ass immune system, but I can't, so I settle for the boogie sucker and tissues. I make up songs and she laughs but all in all she has come to have a deep unwavering distaste for her boogie sucker. Speaking of the boogie sucker the call to the pediatrician was quite interesting. Me to the nurse: My daughter has a cold and I'm calling to make sure we are doing everything correctly, we are using the boogie sucker alot and taking her temp rectally often. Nurse to me: Boogie sucker? By boogie sucker do you mean nasal syringe? ha ha. I'm sticking to boogie sucker which makes Daddy the boogie monster, which suits him perfectly. I think he secretly loves sucking those things out. Poor little Lyla.
I'm hoping to get her 3 month pictures taken on Monday at portrait innovations. I ordered her the cutest little pumpkin hat from Etsy. OH that damn Etsy! I haven't even been back to work a full two weeks and I'm already addicted to Etsy again! Hello INTERVENTION!

This morning she was sitting in her bumbo watching some TV (GASP) yes I let her watch TV! And not cartoons - the TV I watch! HA HA!
Things are getting easier and things are getting more difficult. Our sweet baby has a cold right now so our days are filled with boogers, snot, sneezes and coughs. I wish I could have the cold for her and fight it off with my bad ass immune system, but I can't, so I settle for the boogie sucker and tissues. I make up songs and she laughs but all in all she has come to have a deep unwavering distaste for her boogie sucker. Speaking of the boogie sucker the call to the pediatrician was quite interesting. Me to the nurse: My daughter has a cold and I'm calling to make sure we are doing everything correctly, we are using the boogie sucker alot and taking her temp rectally often. Nurse to me: Boogie sucker? By boogie sucker do you mean nasal syringe? ha ha. I'm sticking to boogie sucker which makes Daddy the boogie monster, which suits him perfectly. I think he secretly loves sucking those things out. Poor little Lyla.
I'm hoping to get her 3 month pictures taken on Monday at portrait innovations. I ordered her the cutest little pumpkin hat from Etsy. OH that damn Etsy! I haven't even been back to work a full two weeks and I'm already addicted to Etsy again! Hello INTERVENTION!

But isn't it just adorable?
Lyla's next doc appointment is on November 9th at 3:00. MORE SHOTS! I hope she handles them much better than last time - flash back 2 month shots - me in the corner with my ears covered crying my eyes out and J (a.k.a boogie monster) holding her hands down so she couldn't grab the shots or squirm too much. Three LONG days later we end up in the hospital. I'm going to start praying now that things go better this time.
Lyla has earned herself the nick name TANK - at her 2 month appointment she weighed in at a whopping 13.5 lbs (90th % in weight) Her length and head measurements are at home but her head was in the 80th% and her length was the 70th%. She is my big healthy baby girl nicknamed Tank for all the right reasons. Here is a most recent pic of her last week sitting in her bumbo for the very first time. (tear tear)
(crappy quality because it was taken on my cellphone)
I love her smile. Every morning I go in to get her out of her crib (whether that be 7 a.m.,6a.m., 4a.m.) I say "Ohhhh good morning my baby girl" and she smiles the biggest most beautiful smile your eyes could ever see! She is the greatest thing in my life and I'm sure if her daddy blogged he would say the same.
I'm back to work (week #2) and daddy and Lyla are adjusting well most days.
Tonight I'm off to a Silpada party hosted by Aunt Coley and this weekend is football all.weekend.long. Saturday night I have a bachlorette party to go to, but I'm not sure how long I will last - I am sooooooooooo out.of.practice it is almost embarassing. Maybe Friday we can have a family dinner out at Gilligans (one of us will enjoy a nice bottle of formula and the other two will enjoy a nice bottle of WINE or BEER) Sunday is football again and Monday I have the day off of work, thank you Mr. Columbus. Maybe some 3 month pictures on monday and then....and then....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....me and the boogie monster (the hubsters) are clocking out of parent duty for 2 whole and complete hours of HAPPY HOUR. Yep....that's right...we are heading downtown to Carlys and Stocks (fav. restaraunts downtown and Mr. Boogie Monsters ex employer :)) for a few drinks, hopefully a few laughs and some nice apps. I can NOT wait. The weekend can't get here soon enough!
(I'm going to try to post on here more now that I'm back at work so check back often)
And the best picture taken to date (with a little photoshop help)
Ain't she a cuteeeeeeeeeee!

No comments:
Post a Comment