7 months old today....

A day in the life of Lyla at 7 months old

You wake up at 6:00 in the morning (this morning you woke up at 5:00!!!!  YAWN)  For breakfast you eat an egg yolk (hard boiled) 2 bowls of cereal (2 scoops formula, 2 scoops oatmeal) a Stage 2 fruit and then a 4 oz bottle. You go down for a nap around 9 and sleep for a good 2-3 hours and take another 4oz before you go down. When you wake up you are the happiest little baby I have ever seen. Your little fat leg got stuck in your crib on Saturday! Absolutely adorable. You like to turn on your Baby Einstein "TV" when you wake up and roll around. We never know where we are going to find you in that crib of yours.

We play. You roll all around the floor, last week you got up on all 4 for the first time. But mostly you just roll when you want something. You hold your own bottle when I put the handles on it. When I have water in your sippy you drink it with one hand, because you are just way too cool to use two hands. You love water, especially the ice cold kind! Must feel good on your toofers. Yes I said toofers as in plural. You got your second tooth on Friday when I went home for lunch. I swear to god, it was not there in the morning when I left and it was definitely there when I got home for lunch!

For lunch you eat a veggie (I prefer you eat a green one, but you aren't a huge fan of those) sometimes a protein and sometimes a little snack. Yesterday you had avocado for your first time and you really seemed to like it.

Back for more time  to play, you walk in your walker. You can't go too fast, but you certainly can go! You sit up for a very long time without falling over, unless you get overly excited seeing Brutus, then back you go! You do not like falling at all and have a complete dramafest when you do, honestly, it's not that bad! ha ha.

And back down for a nap between 1 and 2. Another 1.5-2 hours.

More playing.....laughing, talking, babbling and mama tries to brainwash you buying repeating 10.5 billion times "mama, mama, mama" you just look at me. I know you are going to say dada first...sigh. You reach for dada a lot, or me if you want me. I "yell" at you and say "look at my belly, see these stretch marks, i carried you for 9 months" You look at me and laugh when I do this (never wonder where you get your dramatica personality from, it's totally me). Your teeth are pretty funny looking and you like to show them off. You also would much rather have just a diaper on and no clothes then anything else. As soon as I take them off of you, you go wild. You had a play date on Friday with Blake and about 5 minutes into it you were down to your diaper, hoping this is not a sign of things to come.

Time for dinner!

You eat a bowl of cereal, a protein - you totally chow down on some mac n cheese and recently mac n cheese with veggies and a fruit! And then a 4 oz. bottle.

Then we start the bed time routine. Bath at 6:00, read you 2 books (when we have time and you are pleasant) and another bottle. Then off to bed with you. most of the time you go in awake and a few minutes later are asleep. But alot of times you doze off while I'm holding you. Some may say that I am lucky you go to bed so early. I think it sucks. I don't get home until 5:00 so I miss you terribly during the week. I only get to see you for 2 hours in the morning and about 2 hours at night.  This makes me sad. I have tried everything to keep you up later, but it don't happen.

You light up my life every day with you smiles, giggles and just YOU! I love you more than words can ever explain! I wish you could stay a baby forever, but I know you won't/can't....so in the meantime I treasure each and every singe moment I have with you!

We love you Tank!

And now for the growth progress.......

2 days old

1 month old

2 months old

3 months old

4 months old

5 months old

6 months old
And a few of what you have done in the last month!

7 Months Old and looking FLY!
side note: your shirt says Mommy forever and has a fake heart tattoo on the sleeve!

Lemon for the first time. You really loved it and I think only made one sour face!


Saturday afternoon arm and leg were stuck and you weren't even crying!

Our boys!

We call this your CEO mode.

We went to the farm show to see the animals.

And you really didn't pay much attention.

And that was it!
Happy 7 months baby! We love you so much, and we are truly blessed to have you in our life! Kisses!

1 comment: