So tonight....

I volunteer.

I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time.

It is through a service called Family Promise. I will spend the night at the church with a family who is homeless. I'm not sure what I'll be doing or what they will need. But I'll be there.

Post to come tomorrow. I hope I can teach them something, help them out somehow and who knows, I may even take something away from this experience.

Running to my life list to see if I can cross anything off, I have been awfully adventurous lately.  WOW. Lots to update on it.

1. Take a web design class

2. Go to Italy

3. Go to Ireland

4. Take a vacation with my husband {Watkins Glenn}

5. Take Lyla to Disney World

6. Redo master bathroom - the demo has begun. Will be done by first week in July.

7. Redo middle bathroom

8. Redo kitchen

9. Paint our bedroom

10. Get a new comforter set

11. Paint/sketch a picture of Lyla

12. Get family photos done (me, Jonathan, Lyla and Brutus) {forgot Brutus, but oh well}

13. Stand up for myself - I have officially stood up for myself and my family, ain't the easiest thing I have ever done, but I'm doing it. {no link to this, kind of personal}

14. Volunteer - tonight I will volunteer time to Family Promise. {post to come tomorrow}

15. Be creative

16. Start running

17. Stop being scared

18. Make crafty headbands and hair jewelry

19. Open my own restaurant

20. Take step class again

21. Start my own family tradition

22. Make gnoccis with Aunt Clavia

23. Make a quilt

24. Learn to crochet

25. Pay off my student loans

26. Forgive and Forget

27. Cook a big thanksgiving dinner for all my friends and family

28. Have another baby

29. Go to church every Sunday for a month straight

30. Teach Lyla our bedtime prayer

31. Take Lyla to the park - done! and she loved it.

32. Take Lyla to Hershey chocolate world

33. Get a new garage door opener - got one for Christmas of 2010, and it is WONDERFUL!



34. Go to Hawaii

35. Own and operate a jetski

36. Take a photography class

37. Fly to Florida, rent a car and drive to The Keys

38. Help a child in need of help - possibly tonight?

39. Learn to play an instrument of my choice

40. Own a classic car

41. Own a motorcycle and take it on a long road trip

42. Camp

43. Go to the spa

44. Make my own wine

45. Get my passport

46. See a Broadway Musical

47. Go to an excellent concert

48. Have a garden

49. Go to the Finger Lakes wine tasting - best weekend we ever had!

50. Go to Put In Bay, Ohio

51. Build a House for Habitat for Humanity

52. Go to California wine country

53. Watch the sunrise and set with my husband

54. Lose 30lbs

55. Crush grapes with my feet

56. Go horseback riding


57. Hair to Locks of Love

58. Buy a whole new wardrobe for a season

59. Go on a hike - Gorge Trail 05/2011

60. Have a margarita fiesta in the middle of winter

61. Ride a bike again

62. Learn to golf

63. Brazilian wax

64. Go to a pro baseball game

65. Go to a Pro football game

66. Got to Washington D.C.

67. Own a gun and license

68. Iceskate again

69. Snowboard

70. Ski

71. Finish the Harry Potter series

72. Ride on a scooter

73. See Rodeo Drive

74. See/play in a waterfall - We saw 19 waterfalls and stood behind one on Gorge Trail. It was amazing.

75. Take Lyla on her first rollercoaster

76. Take Lyla for her first pedicure

77. Try something new Microbrew beer

78. See Lyla’s first step

79. Feed Lyla her first real food


80. Go dancing

81. Relax

82. Travel to the new England States during the leaves changing

83. Tailgate in a motorhome at an OSU game

84. Sleep soundly again

85. Gamble $100.00 at Hollywood Casino

86. Tell Lyla I love her every.single.day of her life - so far so good.

87. Go to Greece

88. Fishing Charter


89. Take a family vacation - planned for August 2011


90. Stop worrying about others opinions about me

91. Make a difference in a strangers life - possibly tonight?

92. Have extra income on the side

93. Do a food drive for the homeless

94. Go to my 10 year class reunion - will never happen. I missed it.

95. Go to NYC at Christmas with my parents and inlaws

96. Replace the metal pole on the front porch

97. Redo our address numbers

98. Create something GREAT

9. Sit in front of the fire with my family on Christmas Eve

100. Get my mom a grandmothers necklace

101. Get Jonathan another TV

End of 2010 and so far into 2011 has been a great time for my life list. I feel like I am accomplishing things, slowly but surely, I will get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment