Prologue:
Two nights ago as my husband and I lay in bed watching our fire on our TV (there is an app for that) we heard a loud rustling in the pantry. J stood bravely in his underwear with a broom ready to defend our home, our honor and our security, I assumed my position up on the fireplace so that the intruder couldn't The door swung open.
________________________________________________________________________________
And there it lay....a bag of chips. My chips. A little hole nibbled through the bag and crumbs around it.
We most definitely had an intruder. A mouse.
We decided to get mouse traps. My job? Go to Lowes and get a couple mouse traps.
I left Lowes armed with 10 mouse traps and a master plan.
I bated the traps with delicious, creamy JIFF peanut butter. I put the traps all around the pantry. 4 on the floor. 3 on the shelves, 1 behind the garbage can and 2 in the garage (point of entry?) Not set.
My plan was to earn their trust. They would think "woah...this chic is cool, she is just giving us food. awesome. this place rocks"
Then I would set the traps later in the evening and BAM! SNAP! BOOM! off with their little heads.
It worked.
Now lets all bow our heads for a moment of silence for Luke. Who will never eat my chips or crap in my pantry ever again.
Thank you.
**Update: And now for Luke Jr. his pesky and annoying son** (11/16/2011 p.m.)
No comments:
Post a Comment