Our month was filled with a lot of snow and many delays and some snow days off.
You turned 6 months old and started sleeping through the night. (I had high hopes that this was the end of sleepless nights, but it wasn't. Oh lord it was not). You also got a tooth! I learned that spending $50 on baby food was way more fun than spending $50 on anything else!
February:
First Valentines Day.You started sitting up longer. You started walking in your walker. Dada was your first word. Mommy and Daddy started skiing again.
March:
Happy St. Patty's Day.
You started waking at 5 a.m. and trying to kill me. I started getting run down and tired and complaining about "how much I do" as a mama. You can just hear the frusturation in this post. And I was either lying or had a good day with you in this post . I think this is when you started forming part of your own personality. Looking back on it I remember thinking it was really tough, but as I know now, it gets harder...it's always something and just when you think it can't get any tougher, it does. But we survive and we make it through it. We always do.
I got my DSLR camera.
We fired nanny #1 everything explained here.
And I went way overboard for your first ear infection.
How to handle an infant ear infection
April:
Our nephew came to visit.
My Mr. turned 33! You again tried to kill me and dada but not sleeping and crying every second of every day - or you got your third tooth :). A water main broke in the city giving mama 3 free days off work! Demo started on the master bathroom - that is still not done.
You went to your first birthday party for cousin Braydon!
You had your 9 month wellness check up:
Length: 30" 97% {hello Michelle Jordan}
Weight: 22.5 90% {please don't let those rolls of yours fade, I love them}
Head: 18.25 94% {big girl headbands for you}
May:
A very special lady found her way to peace in heaven.
We fired nanny #2. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary with a long weekend, baby free up at the Finger Lakes. Grandparents saved our necks a few times this month.
Lyla turned 10 months and mama was loving learning everythign about her camera.
First Birthday party planning and buying began. And mama worked on adapting to motherhood and marking off things on a life list.
June:
Beach trips started, we traveled without dada a lot. More teething. You started crawling. And in between teething there were giggles, talking and laughing. Weening began, off formula and bottle.
Tons of crafting for your big party!
and more party planning.
Pool parties. Zoo Trips and basically just enjoying the fun June weather.
July:
My baby girl turned one!
We had our first family vacation to the beach for an entire week. I went to NKOTB concert! More laughing and laughing and giggles
August:
You started walking with push toys. Lyla makes tons of messes all over the house. We start looking for daycares because Jonathan's shift changes and we don't think we'll be able to afford a nanny full time. Nanny #3 offers to stay for salary until January.
We take our 2nd family vacation for a week.
We keep with tradition and start our shopping for Buckeye outfits for the family!
A baby starts looking like a toddler.
September:
We wrap up the beach season. A hurricane sweeps through Harrisburg followed by the "Great Flood of 2011". Having fun at places like the whitaker center, where toddlers belong :) Coley turns 30! Tons of outside time! Nanny #3 decides to put her 2 week notice in and we give up the nanny war and send Lyla to daycare. Mama does some side work.
October:
First day of daycare. We decorated for fall. We questioned why we didn't start daycare sooner, you adjusted awesomely to it.
Fall family festivities.
We adjusted to life with daycare. We built a tent for your room. We went on the PA wine trail (sans Lyla) for Stacey's 30th. And we went trick or treating.
November:
Mama worked on her Christmas list.
Lyla got her first hair cut.
We redid the laundry area. We went to Punkin' Chunkin' sans Lyla. We discovered my husband/dada suprises easily - or just doesn't pay attention when I talk. Mama learned the joys of daycare and taking a day off and still sending you to daycare! Mama became a little less dependent on Lyla. Mama became a mouse murderer.
Saw Breaking Dawn
and dealt with a teething baby again. Got family pictures done - doing this during molars coming in was NOT a good idea.
December:
You finally started walking....
I turned 30. I have been busy with the holidays and barely blogged at all! A walking and talking toddler consumes every minute of my free time anymore!
Hoping 2012 unrolls less teething, more cuddling....and more Lyla and family time!
Happy New Year!





No comments:
Post a Comment