You eat food 3 times a day. You eat a fruit (you love fruit) and cereal for breakfast. usually 2 bowls cereal (2 scoops cereal, 2 scoops formula and about 4oz. of water) then I give you a 4 oz bottle, which you started to hold yourself just 2 days ago, sometimes, when you feel like it! For lunch you eat a couple bites of veggies but have a bottle because for some reason you aren't really into eatting at that time. Then at dinner we give you 1-2 bowls of cereal, fruit, a veggie and some formula or water in a sippy cup.
You are in LOVE with your jumperoo. I think if I let you you would bounce in there all day and all night.
We think you are teething because there is drool everywhere and all the time. You aren't too fussy about it though and no I am not scared to give you Tylenol. You prefer the grape.
You started sleeping through the night, FINALLY! This week you started going to bed at 6:30, which I absolutely HATE. I don't get to see you all day long and then you go to bed so early. I love our cuddle time before you go to bed though. You just stare at me and drink your bottle and fall asleep. I have to bath you every night because your skin gets so dry. So I load the tub up with baby oil and let you soak. You are starting to play with the little toys I have for you in there. You are no longer in your baby tub as of this week. You are in the big girl tub and you go nuts now that you can completely stretch out and splash and kick! After your bath I have to lather you up with Aquafor and put your pj's on immediately, or again, your skin gets extremely dry. Then we read a book and give you a bottle. We say our prayers every night. Then you go into your crib and cuddle (sometimes talk) to Bubbles and drift off to sleep. I now know what an angel looks like because I watch you sleep sometimes.
You started napping regularly now, in your crib, at about the same time everyday. Between 10:00 and 11:00 you go down for a nap and sleep until about 1:00 or 1:30. You get up and have lunch (you aren't a big fan of lunch) and then play with Jenica (your nanny) or daddy if he is home with you. Then back down for a nap around 4:00 and you always wake up as soon as I get home. Daddy says its because you can smell me :)
Yesterday was the first time you reached for me when I got home. You woke up and daddy got you out of your crib. I was walking down the hall and you saw me, gave me a huge smile that absolutely melts my heart and reached out to me. It was the most amazing moment! I could just cry thinking about it while I type this and I hope I never ever forget it.
You are sitting up. You need a little support but can also do it on your own for a few seconds. You love yoru feet and your plastic links. Your hands have cleared up (you used to bite them until they had scabs on them) because you pick things up and put them in your mouth now. You wiggle all around your crib and we never know where we are goign to find you when we check on you.
You have been getting up about 5:30 in the morning and we bring you into bed with us and you just go limp. You are so relaxed and you usually touch daddy and me and coo away. Alot of times you and I go back to sleep in the morning just cuddling. You smell so good and you are so soft and warm....most morning I just hate getting out of bed becasue I know that means I have to be away from you.
Our mornings are pretty fun though. I sit you in your bumbo on the bathroom sink and you watch me do my make up and hair (you are amazed by this and just stare and stare and stare) then I take you out and sit you on the bed and we pick out what I am going to wear and then we go have breakfast and then we PLAY!
You are by far the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us. I can't imagine loving anybody or anything as much as I love you. Everyday you melt my heart and everyday you do something new. I feel like it is happening so fast and I don't want to forget or miss a thing. So long as I have you everything just seems to be o.k. in life.
Now. A look back on how much you have grown.
![]() |
| 2 days old |
![]() |
| 1 Month Old |
![]() |
2 months old |
![]() |
| 3 months old |
| 4 months old |
| 5 months |
| 6 months TODAY!!!! |
And just look at you showing off this morning for the camera you precious little booger head!
| Look mom, both hands! And those eyes....oh those eyes! And one more just because I took about 1.5 billion this morning...a few of my favorites. |
PRECIOUS.....that is all I have to say.




Happy 6 month birthday Lyla! What a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteAwww, look how cute! She's getting so big!
ReplyDelete