I'm not ready












So here I am sitting at work, on a snowy Friday, feeling all bummed out that we didn't get more snow so I could have got out of work, just minding my own business when I get THE E-MAIL from Baby Center. They were all like "Hey your baby is 6 months and 3 weeks old"       really???? ... wow....6 months and.... ::Starts coutning backwards on fingers:: ......huh...they are right! She IS 6 months and 3 weeks...so I continue reading. She should do this...she shouldn't do this and hey go ahead and introduce finger foods if she is grabbing at the spoon while you feed her. I must have read this sentence 1.5 billion times. FINGER FOODS??? FO REAL???!!!

Toasted oats, banannas, this that and the other thing....Holy Crap....where did the last 6 months go? What happen to just drinking bottles? and only 2-4 oz bottles every 2 hours.... OH MY GOD....she is growing up.

I'm bummed, happy, excited, sad, worried and everything. I know it may not seem like a huge deal to those of you who have done this before, but next thing you know she is going to be crawling, walking, talking...and I just feel like I'm not ready. I thought she would be a "baby" longer...I remember feeling like I was pregant for all of eternity and now....and now....I feel like it was just a month ago I was hot and sweaty and couldn't see my feet.

It makes me smile, it actually makes me cry....it makes me blessed to have such a wonderful, healthy growing baby girl in my life.

I love you Lyla...even if you are going to start chucking Cheerios everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. I know... it goes so fast! Brynn just turned 8 months and we're just now going to start her on finger foods like soft fruits and puffs! :)

    ReplyDelete