Milk update and more

Well. Let's see here. This week you are at 2 oz formula and 4 oz whole milk. And you are doing just fine with that. You still have your three bottles, one before each nap and one before bed. All is well in the world of weaning from formula to milk, but....there is always a but....

Milk in a sippy cup, it ain't happening sista. We have given you water in a sippy since you were 5 months old. Nice, ice-cold, refreshing water. I put milk in there and after you throw your head back and take a huge gulp you look at me with a look of pure disgust, hatred and complete irritation. Kind of like "Who do you think you are and where in the hell is my water, I'm thirsty" but we will keep trying. Honestly, I have absoultely no desire in the world to get you off the bottle. I love that time that I am guarenteed with you every.single.night. I wasn't able to breastfeed so that is my bonding time and I'm just not ready.

As I said yesterday you are crawling. Even more today than yesterday. And what does this mean for you? Awesomeness. What does this mean for me? UNawesomeness. Now, not only do I have Brutus under my feet all the time but you are right there with him now. I"m cooking, your laying your head on my feet. I'm in the shower..you are poking your head through the curtain. I'm laying on the floor, you are up on top of me crawling all over me...or giving me some love (my personal favorite) that you do so well.

It takes my breath away every time you cuddle up to me. Nuzzle in my neck. Lay your precious little head on my chest and your tiny little hand holding on to my shirt. I feel like I can't breath I love you so much. And I am positive you feel the same about me. You choose me over anybody, anytime, anywhere, no matter what. The reason I'm typing this? Well because I am eating it up right now, I'm no idiot, I know it's just a phase and tomorrow, next week, next month you could be a daddy's girl so I just want to cherish this "phase" and brag about it as much as possible. That's right. You are a mama's girl and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And just because I think every post needs a picture...






No comments:

Post a Comment