A day in the life of Lyla at 8 months old!

Today you are 8 months old my sweet baby girl! And my oh my are you giving us quite the run for our money lately!

This is how your day goes:

You wake up between 5 and 5:30, yes in the morning...and you are ready to go for the day. It is exhausting to say the least bit. So...you are up and 6 out of 7 days you have a huge present waiting for me in your diaper! {P U} Thanks! I change your diaper and we play for a littl while somewhere in our house, which has turned into one big playground. Breakfast is around 6:00 or 6:30. Today you ate toast for the first time while I sang Happy 8 month Birthday to you (I know, I really need to get a life). You absolutely adored the toast! You eat scrambled eggs, yogurt, peaches, bannanas, fruit, cereal and lately I put cinnamon in your cereal, you love it. If the pieces are too big you gag and out they fly! You also love to throw everything on the floor, it drives me nuts but Brutus is in <3L-O-V-E<3 with you! I also try to give you some water. You drink out of your sippy cup like a big girl. You are so messy that I prefer you to eat naked, just easier on me. You my dear LOVE food! So after breakfast (sometimes you get full, other times you get bored and are ready to play) out of the high chair you go and on to playing again. I leave for work around 8:00 and by this time I am run down and tired.

Playtime Faves:

Well, You are NOT crawling yet. Which has me in quite the tizzy. I worry something is wrong and always think the worst. Everyone else's babies crawl by 8 months. I just keep telling myself to stop stressing. You do move and attempt to crawl and you talk up a storm. Me, Dada and unfortunately for him, Brutus have become your very own indoor personal jungle gym. Your favorite things to play with are your pot and veggies. (Oppppen...Cloooose(that ones for you dada)) and books. You have a set of tiny animal books that are cardboard, you love to flip open and close the pages and eat them and throw them and yell at them. Yes, that's right you are talking and that is what you do all.day.long. TALK. You talk at all hours of the night all day long and all night long, even through your entire bath you talk. You recently discovered that we have an amazing reaction when you say dada so you say that all the time. I love it! Absolutely LOVE IT! You love when I read to you, you love to pretend read and you just love books. (wonder where you go that from)

So I spend the day at work and you either spend the day with dada or Jenica and then I get home at 4:45. Dinner time..ding ding ding. You love Mac N' Cheese. Somedays you like veggies, other days you hate them...everyday you love fruit. Any and all fruit you love it. Meat...ehhh...it's hit or miss. You are interested in feeding yourself and become agitated easily when I try to feed you an entire meal. So you have quite the spread at dinner time! Out of the highchair and out to play again.

You stand, you attack Brutus, you grab and claw at my neck, ears, hair and big nose (must be a good handle...it really is big and out there), you scream, jump in your jumper, spin in your excersaucer and crawl all over me and dada. You do not sit still, you are always talking and me and dada are always exhausted.....and we wouldn't have it any other way.

I think you are going through "seperation anxiety" but I'm o.k. with that. When you have a bad night in your crib you come sleep with me and dada. But you always go to sleep on your own in your crib and 95% of the time stay there until the dreaded 5 a.m. wake up call (yes, even on the weekends).

Nonnie and Pap got back from Florida yesterday so dada and I are heading up skiing again. Have fun mom an dad! Make sure you drink a lot of coffee.

{thank god they are back}

Every couple needs a break sometimes. We will miss her the entire time though!

Let's see....what else are you doing....I think that is it.

NOW...for some pics.



Swinging with Coley and Bray
 
Trying to take over Bray Bray's bed.



And Success.

Come on snow...please go away!
But I'll smile anyways cause I'm like that!
My favorite face.

  
What are you looking at!

I am trying to reading.
8 month old big girl breakfast! {She's smiling cause I'm singing}






Happy 8 month birthday my little angel!
 

 We love you!!!!! "Yesterday, Today and Tommorrow too"

Sidenote: Aren't the legwarmers ahhhhhdorable! I am obsessed with them. The rainbow pair are the ones I won in this giveaway. I ordered a pair of baby legwarmers from somewhere else, but I love this stores. They fit Lyla's fat thick legs, which in and of itself is amazing. I like the material of them and of course the convenience! The other set {pink and black and the onsie} is from the same story. I swear I should order black onsies in bulk. They are oh so slimming....actually I am just overly obsessed with black and I think it looks adorable with these trendy legwarmers. That is all for my sidenote. But if you are looking for leg warmers and you have a plus sized baby girl, I highly recommend this store....and Lyla is sporting the 12-18 month size!

Happy Monday all! And Happy 8 month Birthday baby girl...wait until you see what I have in the works for your birthday party!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 8 months. Doesn't it seem like the time is flying?? Such a cutie! I love the leggings, they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is just too adorable! :)
    happy 8 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like just yesterday I was typing up her 7 month day in the life of....

    ReplyDelete