To: Lyla From: MaMaMa

Lyla one day when you are a mommy I want you to look back on this and realize that you are being paid back for everything you did to me! {evil laugh}



This is how a day in the life of your MaMa goes: {well this is how today went anyway}

5:00 a.m. wake up call by none other than Y - O - U. {sometimes I get to "sleep in" until 5:30}

6:00 a.m. I get in the shower {if I didn't shower the night before} I bring you into the bathroom with me and give you some toys to play with. You scream every morning that I get into the shower, I have no clue why.

6:15-7:00 I get ready for work. I used to put you in your pack n' play in our bedroom or on our bed surrounded with pillows, but as of this morning you officially want to have free roam of the bedroom, so onto the floor you go. {You scream, talk, yell, cry and laugh this entire time}






















7:00 Breakfast is served! You throw your food all over the floor, your tray, me and yourself. You scream when I put you in your highchair. You scream and cry while I am making your food. You want to feed yourself and want no parts of me feeding you...yet you get frustrated feeding yourself and cry again. Then you laugh because I get all bent out of shape. I have no clue how to fix this problem, so I do a 1,2 combo move.....I give you a spoon let you grab and eat whatever you want with your fingers, face or hand but I have my own spoon to get some stuff in there so you don't get fussy {because I'm smart like that}.

Sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 you finish breakfast and we play on the floor, jumper, excersaucer, or you just want me to hold you the entire time.

Other duties that are required of me in the morning above and beyond what is listed above:
Clean up after you. Maintain clean clothes to go to work. Clean up the kitchen. Feed and water the dog & fish. Pack my lunch & breakfast, drink as much coffee as I possibly can to function all day.

8:00 I leave for work, talk to your Nonnie on the phone and listen to my country music.

Arrive at work and check my e-mail and start my work day at 8:30.

12:00 I either run errands I need to run, pay bills, do check book, or go home and feed you lunch. Go shop for something...diapers etc.

1:00 Return to my work day

4:30 leave work

Arrive home

5:00 Feed you dinner, clean up from your dinner, start our dinner.

5:30 Play with you, try to keep your from crying hysterically because again, all you want me to do is hold you most of the time. probably because I'm not with you all day.

6:00-6:30 starts bed time routine. Bath, book, bottle bed...good night.

7:00(ish) I eat dinner. Pack lunches. Prep dinner for the next night. Prep the coffee. Clean up the kitchen from dinner. Clean up your bath mess and toy mess. Check e-mail and Facebook. Sort mail...you know, those fun adult like things.

8:00 or 9:00 Either shower or pass out.

9:00 - 5:00 a.m. - Wake up about 15 times to check on you or get a drink or pee or to just stare at the ceiling.

{repeat all over again}

So - that's what it is like to be your mommy on the "average" day {or at least since yesterday}

And I wouldn't trade you for the world.

Supposedly you started to say MaMa when I am not around, I haven't heard you yet, but I believe it because I have been trying to brainwash you since birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment