A handy guide: How to go overboard for a first ear infection.

I have tons of friends who are pregnant, just had a baby and/or are experienced moms. So what does all that mean? Why does that matter? Well you get advice and words of wisdom and old wives tales from everybody and anybody...add in the pediatricians advice and you get this! Total ridiculousness {is that a word} It took me approximately an hour to get her into the bed from bath. I didn't even have time to say prayers or read her a book.

So here it goes:

Snot, rosey cheeks and her first ear infection...so what's a mother to do?

To start: bottles, lots of bottles and formula prepared, saline nose spray, boogies wipes, montior, ibuprofen and antibiotic. CHECK!

Cool mist humidifier, vapor thing that you plug in, matress propped up. CHECK!

Do I have it all? yes. CHECK!

Did I forget anything?

The night time ritual. Vicks vapo rub {bottom of feet, neck and chest}, socks for her hands, vaseline for her hiney and cheeks, aquaphor, lotion for her craddle cap and that brush on the right that got cut off. CHECK!

hmmm...here is to hoping I have everything I need prepared for another sleep{less} {ful} night.
And after prepping for nearly an hour for bed, mama has one of THESE just incase, by some off chance all of this works and she sleeps again. SIGH

Cupcake wine! Love it so much we went to Delaware to get it!


And after all of this I come out in the living room to a sick husband. The house is going under and mama is just ducking, stearing clear and hoping it doesn't take her down too.

Kisses baby girl. I love you and will use every trick in the book I hear or read about to make you better! {or to get a night of sleep again}




3 comments:

  1. Are ear infections contagious through the Internet??? Cause we're fighting our first one over here too! Not fun. Here's sending some healthy vibes your family's way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude has an ear infection too! His nursery looks like Lyla's! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Grayson is fighting a double ear infection - found out this morning! ::screams for help::

    ReplyDelete